What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is Anxious or Depressed
You’ve noticed some changes in your teen or lately. One day he or she is feel sad and hopeless, the next day he or she is worried, afriad, and generally unsettled.
While it’s normal to have ups and downs, approximately 1 in 8 children experience moderate to extreme anxiety and 20% experience depression.
or to have things you’re concerned about. You might be going through a difficult time. Your doctor can help you figure out if it’s actually a condition and what would help.
Anxiety and depression are like the flex sides of the same coin. Being depression can make your child anxious and being anxious can make your child depressed.
When anxiety or depression affect kids and families, many are left feeling:
- lack of understanding
- an increase in arguing and frustration
- fear and worry
- an increase in substance use or self-haring behaviors
Many parents worry when their child starts acting moody or exhibiting negative behavior. And, while it is normal for kids to be worried or sad from time to time, it is important to differentiate between what is normal and what could be a sign of a deeper problem.
As a therapist, over 75% of the families I work with are experiencing some level of anxiety or depression. Often the two go hand in hand.
That is exactly why I created What To Do When your Tween-to-Teen is Anxious or Depressed. With this What to Do When essential, you can:
- identify the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- understand the difference between depression and anxiety
- learn how to talk with your tween or teen about how your child is feeling
- help your child identify triggers
- help your child discover coping tools
- identify a mental health provider that can help you and your child
- manage your own feelings
A private one-hour session with me costs $200.
What to Do When gives you my expert advice for a fraction of that price.
For just $39.95, you will receive…
- The What to Do When essential lesson, What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is Anxious or Depressed, delivered in multiple forms: video, audio and transcript - so you an get the information how you want it.
- The What to Do When Essential printables on starting conversations, asking the “right” questions, and more. (so much good stuff in these printables!!)
- The What to Do When Essential Toolbox with my top tricks, tools, and expert advice to help you support your child during this stage of life.
- Access to our private message forum in the What to Do When library to connect with me, my team and other parents and caring adults.
- Access to all future updates and additional checklist, printables and surprises. (I love surprising you with new stuff!!)
This product is for you if:
- you are worried that your child is anxious or depressed
- you are able to help your child seek additional therapeutic support
- you are ready to listen to your child about what he or she is experiencing
- your want to learn about what anxiety and depression are and aren’t
- you want to have courageous conversations with your chid about real issues that happen in his or her life (FYI…your child is experiencing these things every day at school)
- you are want to be proactive
- you want your child to know he or she isn’t alone or powerless
This program isn’t for those who…
- don’t believe anxiety or depression are real
- want your child to “snap out of it”
- that it is just a phase
- don’t believe your child
- pretend it will go away
- want to blame others or shame your child
- feel your child is a problem to be fixed
- are looking for a magic pill, quick fix or one-size-fits-all solution
Depression and anxiety can take a toll on your child and the whole family. It can be emotionally and physically exhausting to be a parent of someone who is struggling with depression. What to Do When can help.
Each month, I offer a 60-minute an private group call to ask me anything you like. Access to this call is by invitation only. When you purchase the entire What to Do When library at just $350 (a $40 discount), you will receive access to this group for two months. ($400 value!) Whoa. That’s $790 for just $350.)
Purchase the full What to Do When essentials library now