What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is LGBTQ
“Mom. Dad. I have something to tell you.”
One out of four families has someone in it who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered. Even more may have kids who question their sexuality at various points.
I have worked with many lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and questioning kids and their parents to come out and transition. I’ve witnessed the feelings parents experience and their responses when a child comes out including:
- shock and denial
- grief and loss
- religious confusion
- confusion and overwhelm
On the flip side, I’ve heard parents express relief as well stating “Phew, now I know what’s been on her mind,” or for some, “It’s about time!”
While most LGBTQ youth face the same challenges of their peers, they are have to cope with tremendous bias and judgement because they are not straight. Many of these kids fear that they will lose your love and support.
Our LBGTQ kids need to know that we will love them — no matter what. They need our help to be safe and find their way in the world.
That is exactly why I created What To Do When your Tween-to-Teen is LGBTQ. With this What to Do When essential, you can:
- accept the way your child came out
- manager your own feelings
- how to support your child so they feel loved
- learn the “right” questions to ask to avoid sending messages of shame and judgement
- access support for both you and your child.
A private one-hour session with me costs $200.
What to Do When gives you my expert advice for a fraction of that price.
For just $39.95, you will receive…
- The What to Do When essential lesson, What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is LGBTQ, delivered in multiple forms: video, audio and transcript - so you an get the information how you want it.
- The What to Do When Essential printables on starting conversations, asking the “right” questions, and more. (so much good stuff in these printables!!)
- The What to Do When Essential Toolbox with my top tricks, tools, and expert advice to help you support your child during this stage of life.
- Access to our private message forum in the What to Do When library to connect with me, my team and other parents and caring adults.
- Access to all future updates and additional checklist, printables and surprises. (I love surprising you with new stuff!!)
This product is for you if:
- you want to improve the relationship with your child
- you want to uncover the reason for your child’s anger
- learn about what bullying is and isn’t
- you want to have courageous conversations with your chid about real issues that happen in his or her life (FYI…your child is experiencing these things every day at school)
- you are want to be proactive
- you want your child to know he or she isn’t alone or powerless
- there is a current concerns regarding angry or defiant behavior
This program isn’t for those who…
- you believe homosexuality is a sin
- you feel that your child needs to be fixed
- are looking for a magic pill, quick fix or one-size-fits-all solution
- use intimidation and fear tactics to “stop your child from being gay”
- want to blame others
Whether your child is questioning his or her or sexuality or gender, or has already identified as LGBT, you will have questions to about how you can support your children and yourself with love and understanding. What to Do When can help.
Let’s do this!
Each month, I offer a 60-minute an private group call to ask me anything you like. Access to this call is by invitation only. When you purchase the entire What to Do When library at just $350 (a $40 discount), you will receive access to this group for two months. ($400 value!) Whoa. That’s $790 for just $350.)
Purchase the full What to Do When essentials library now