What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is Addicted to Technology
Concerned that a phone has permanently attached itself to her hand? Worried that your tween or teen’s brain is turning to mush because of the amount of screen time he is logging.
Whether it is snapping a selfie, sending a meme, watching YouTuber or texting with friends, technology is a way of life for tweens and teens.
And, it can be scary because, we, as adults were not raised as natives in the digital world.
The ever changing presence of technology and social media can cause a sense of unease. As parents and caring adults, we aren’t always certain if there is an effect on our children and what those effects are.
The reality is that technology is having an effect on your child,
and it is having an effect on you.
The effects of this constant use include:
- increasing distractibility
- higher levels of stress and anxiety
- lack of sleep
- privacy concerns
- internet safety
- dropping grades
- even, isolation and withdrawal
However, the problem isn’t necessary with the technology. It is with the behavior.
You must equip yourself with the tools to help your tween-to-teen to navigate the digital world.
The tween-to-teen years are an important period when your child can learn essential skills - communication and digital navigation skills - to support them now and throughout their life.
That is exactly why I created What To Do When your Tween-to-Teen is Addicted to Tech. With this essential, you can:
- understand the reason tweens and teens want to use technology
- know the difference between overuse and addiction
- learn to practice mindful monitoring
- establish tech expectations and limits that work.
- understand the social media networks that your children are on get the 411 on digital language.
A private one-hour session with me costs $200. What to Do When gives you my expert advice for a fraction of that price.
For just $39.95, you will receive…
- The What to Do When essential lesson, What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen is Addicted to Tech, delivered in multiple forms: video, audio and transcript - so you an get the information how you want it.
- The What to Do When Essential printables on starting conversations, asking the “right” questions, and more. The What to Do When Essential Toolbox with my top tricks, tools, and expert advice to help you support your child during this stage of life.
- Access to our private message forum in the What to Do When library to connect with me, my team and other parents and caring adults.
- Access to all future updates and additional checklist, printables and surprises. (I love surprising you with new stuff!!)
This product is for you if:
- you want to deepen the communication levels between you are your child
- you want to tame the tech use in your house
- you want to have courageous conversations with your chid about real issues that happen in his or her life (FYI…your child is experiencing these things every day at school)
- you are want to be proactive
- there is a current concerns (ie. your tween or teen is sneaking the phone, refuses e-free days, etc)
- you want to evolve the relationship with tech and your tween-to-teen
This program isn’t for those who…
- are looking for a magic pill, quick fix or one-size-fits-all solution
- use intimidation and fear tactics to “whip their child into shape.”
- just want to get in and get out.
- don’t see the humor in kids
- don’t care about kids
- wants to blame others
- feel children should be neither seen or heard.
What to Do When supports you in being the parent your child needs. It’s And, what your child needs is understanding, support and an investment … an investment in them and in you.
Let’s do this!
Each month, I offer a 60-minute an private group call to ask me anything you like. Access to this call is by invitation only. When you purchase the entire What to Do When library at just $350 (almost a $50 discount), you will receive access to this group for two months. ($400 value!) Whoa. That’s $790 for just $350.)