What To Do When Your Tween-to-Teen Won't Talk to You
You are all set to share something
insightful with your child, and BOOM!
She rolls her eyes, stomps off down the hall, slams the bedroom door and shouts "You don't know anything.” Any hope for a conversation ends right there.
Or, perhaps you pick up your child after school and are excited to hear about his school day. Yet, he grunts in reply to your question of “How was your day?” before slipping on his earbuds and tuning you out.
Again, conversation ceases.
Maybe you are able to talk about a few things, but that sense of connection and closeness is no longer again which symbolizes that communication has stalled.
Talking with adolescents often feels like a non-stop roller-coaster.
It’s up; it’s down. It’s thrilling; it’s vomit-inducing. One moment, you are laughing and enjoying the ride. Suddenly you are white-knuckling the sharp drops and screaming for life.
It can be downright difficult to know what to say;
it is even trickier to understand what not to say.
The lack of communication can cause:
- lack of understanding
- an increase in arguing and frustration
- fear and worry - even an increase in anxiety
- guilt and more
Open, effective communication is key to reducing - even preventing - high-risk behaviors and strengthening the parent-child relationship.
The tween to teen years are an important period when your child can learn es skills to support them now and throughout their life.
Communication skills for teens are important during this crucial period.
That is exactly why I created What To Do When Your Tween-to-Teen Won't Talk to You. With the What to Do When your Tween-to-Teen Won’t Talk to You essential, you can:
- learn how to listen so your child will talk
- learn how to ask the right questions so your child opens up
- begin to align your expectations with your child’s needs.
- reduce tension, fighting and power struggles
- Uplevel the relationship between you and your tween-to-teen.
- Feel centered and confident in yourself.
A private one-hour session with me costs $200.
What to Do When gives you my expert advice for a fraction of that price.
For just $39.95, you will receive…
- The What to Do When essential lesson, What to Do When Your Tween-to-Teen Won’t Talk to You, delivered in multiple forms: video, audio and transcript - so you an get the information how you want it.
- The What to Do When Essential printables on starting conversations, asking the “right” questions, and more. The What to Do When Essential Toolbox with my top tricks, tools, and expert advice to help you support your child during this stage of life.
- Access to our private message forum in the What to Do When library to connect with me, my team and other parents and caring adults.
- Access to all future updates and additional checklist, printables and surprises. (I love surprising you with new stuff!!)
- you want to deepen the communication levels between you are your child
- you want to have courageous conversations with your chid about real issues that happen in his or her life (FYI…your child is experiencing these things every day at school)
- you are want to be proactive
- you have suspicions
- there is a current concerns (ie. your tween or teen has completely shut you out)
- you want to (re) build trust with your child
This program isn’t for those who…
- are looking for a magic pill, quick fix or one-size-fits-all solution
- use intimidation and fear tactics to “whip their child into shape.”
- just want to get in and get out.
- don’t see the humor in kids
- don’t care about kids
- wants to blame others
- feel children should be neither seen or heard.
What to Do When supports you in being the parent your child needs. It’s And, what your child needs is understanding, support and an investment … an investment in them and in you.
Let’s do this!
Each month, I offer a 60-minute an private group call to ask me anything you like. Access to this call is by invitation only. When you purchase the entire What to Do When library at just $350 (almost a $50 discount), you will receive access to this group for two months. ($400 value!) Whoa. That’s $790 for just $350!)
Purchase the full What to Do When essentials library now